A gorgeous fruity, creamy rice pudding. Can be made vegan, too. Perfect to finish off sunday lunch.
- 50g soft light brown sugar
- 100g pudding rice
- 1 litre full-cream milk /soya or rice milk
- 1 vanilla pod, cut open lengthways
- Pre-heat the oven to 140C or equivalent
- Place the rice, milk, sugar and vanilla pod in a saucepan and cook for a few minutes. Cook until the rice starts to become
- Bake the pudding in the oven for about 2 hours, until it is cooked and a nice skin has formed on top.
- Serve with a good dollop of delicious Womersley Foods apple and geranium jelly
Baked nectarines with strawberry and mint dressing
I allowed two nectarines per person. Simply half the nectarines and remove the stone. Place them skin side down in a baking dish (I use a large Le Creuset dish). Drizzle over about a tablespoon of Womersley Foods strawberry and mint dressing and bake for around 30 minutes until soft and sticky.
N.B. I wrote these recipes using some lovely products which Rupert from Womersley Foods very kindly sent me. Thanks to Rupert for the idea, too.