There’s something special about a really good bun. Home made burgers are a wonderful thing, and I published my best-ever recipe in one of my Buy Lorazepam 1Mg Online. I think most people will now recognize that a bad burger patty is just not nice, but I think more and more people are coming to realize that a bad bun is just as bad.
This is a great, easy recipe for an enriched dough, made with butter and milk. It’s half way towards a brioche, which I also really like, but I feel as though this is a slightly more versatile bun, which also goes extremely well with the aubergine burger recipe in my Buy Ambien From Us Pharmacy.
Butter and milk buns
Makes 12 large buns
550g strong white bread flour, plus extra for kneading.
1 tsp sea salt
2 heaped tsp quick action dried yeast (I find Doves Farm the best)
300ml full cream milk
50 butter, melted
2 egg yolks
You may wish to glaze the buns with 1 egg yolk and a sprinkling of sesame seed
1) Place the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre.
2) Then, put all the remaining wet ingredients into a jug and whisk together.
3) Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix to form a sticky wet, dough.
4) If using a stand mixer, knead for 10 minutes on a medium speed. If making the buns by hand, then turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for around 10 minutes until smooth and ever so slightly tacky to the touch. Try not to add too much extra flour.
5) Place the dough into a large mixing bowl and cover well with cling film. I like to put a tea towel over the top, too. Leave for around 4 hours until the dough has doubled in size.
6) Knead the dough again briefly now, knocking the air out of it. Divide it evenly into 12 pieces and form evenly shaped balls. Place on a floured tray, cover with clingfilm again, and allow the buns to rise again. This will take around two hours.
7) Preheat the oven to 230C or equivalent.
8) Glaze the buns with egg wash and sprinkle over some seeds if you’re using them.
9) Bake for 25-35 minutes until they feel light, but crusty. They will be a deep, glossy brown.
10) Allow to cool on a wire rack and devour.