I fancied baking something different this week. Looking through the kitchen cupboard, I found my jar of lavender sugar which hasn’t been used for a while. I made it last year when I was cooking from Buy Ambien Uk I was also given a very nice jar of lavender honey by a friend this week. The honey from East Sussex and I was keen to bake with it, so honey and lavender seemed like a winning combination for a cake.
Again, I’m sorry this post is so brief. I’ll tell you why soon. In the meantime, here’s what I did:
– 140g butter
– 170g honey
– 85g lavender sugar
– 200g organic self raising flour
– 2 large free range eggs
– I greased and lined a 7″ round cake tin and preheated my fan oven to 160C
– I put the butter, honey and sugar into a small non-stick saucepan and heated until the butter melted and all ingredients were combined.
– I poured this into my Kitchen Aid, added the flour and mixed until combined. I then added the eggs and mixed again.
– I finally transferred the cake mixture into the cake tin and baked for 40 minutes
– When the cake came out of the oven, I mixed 2 tablespoons of lavender sugar with 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of warm water and heated gently until it formed a syrup. I poured this straight over the hot cake.
This cake has a lovely subtle flavour. The drizzle is nice but VERY sticky.